Celebrating the Best of British Schools 2012
The BCSE is pleased to announce its Annual Awards programme for 2012 that focuses on excellence in design for teaching and learning.
Now in its fifth year, these independent awards celebrate the pride we have in our schools, highlight what works and promote excellence in the thinking and design of education facilities in all our schools.
The awards celebrate those that work in our nation's schools from school leaders, teachers, local authority officers to engineers, builders and architects.
1. Excellence in design for teaching and learning -- New build -- Primary
2. Excellence in design for teaching and learning -- New build -- Secondary
3. Excellence in design for teaching and learning -- Large Projects -- Primary
4. Excellence in design for teaching and learning -- Large Projects -- Secondary
5. Excellence in design for teaching and learning -- Small Projects -- Primary
6. Excellence in design for teaching and learning -- Small Projects -- Secondary
7. Excellence in design for teaching and learning -- Independent/International
8. Excellence in design for teaching and learning -- SEN
9. Excellence in design for teaching and learning -- Free School
10. Excellence in design for teaching and learning -- UTC/Studio School
11. Excellence in design for teaching and learning -- FE
12. Test of Time
13. Building Britain Award - Contractor of the Year
14. Consultant of the Year
15. Supplier of the Year
16. Local Authority of the Year
17. Designing Britain Award - The 'Jonathan Ibikunle' School Architect of the Year
18. Academy Chain of the Year
19. Lifetime Achievement
20. Grand Prix Award
Entries for all awards (except Award 7 and 12) must relate to projects in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland which have been completed between October 2010 and September 2011.
Entries for the Independent/International Award 7 must relate to projects within the Independent Schools Sector or the International Schools Sector completed between October 2010 and September 2011.
Entries for the Test of Time Award 12 must relate to projects which were completed anytime before September 2008 and have been operating as an educational establishment (including early years, primary, secondary, FE & HE). This award is open to all projects in the UK or Internationally, State or Independent sector.
How many entries?
You may submit one or more qualifying entry for several awards, however each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form. You must also supply three hard copies of each entry before the closing date.
The awards are open to members of the BCSE and non-members alike.
We are asking for self-nominations for Awards 1- 15, 17 & 18.
The entry fees are as below:
BCSE Members: £85 + VAT for one entry. £150 + VAT for two to four entries. £220 + VAT for five or more entries.
Non-BCSE Members: £150 + VAT for one entry. £250 + for two to four entries. £370 + VAT for five or more entries.
If you are shortlisted for an award in categories 1-18 we will also ask you to submit a 250 word summary to be used in subsequent national / local publicity should your entry win.
For Award 16 (Local Authority of the Year) we are asking for nominations from BCSE Members and others in the industry.
For Award 19 (Lifetime Achievement Award) we are asking for nominations direct to the BCSE.
Award 20 will be at the discretion of the judging panel.
Evaluation and Judging Panel
An evaluation panel will carry out an initial review of the entries against the selection criteria and will make a long list of recommendations to the judging panel who will agree on a shortlist and the awards winners.
All shortlisted candidates will be notified by end of April 2012.
If the panel feel it is necessary to visit shortlisted projects or speak to nominated individuals, they will do this during April 2012.
Awards launched -- 1st February 2012
Extended Closing Date for entries -- 2nd April 2012
Evaluation Panel and long listing - April 2012
Judging panel meets - April 2012
Shortlisted Candidates notified -- End of April 2012
Awards Party -- Thursday 21st June 2012 -- The Blue Fin Building -- Details to follow
How to Enter
2. Choose which category or categories you would like to enter
3. Complete your entry(s) as per the criteria and upload via the link here
4. Submit payment
5. Send THREE HARD COPIES of each entry to the following address: Best of British Schools Awards, British Council for School Environments, 1 Naoroji Street, London WC1X 0GB
If you have a question about the entry process, your entry or anything else related to the awards 2012 please call Brigid Coady on 020 3005 9644 or email email@example.com